Despite giving Tony anti-anxiety medicine, he was still having problems at home: vomiting, pooping on the hallway rug, and one last episode of pooping on Carolyn's bed. I was feeling badly about it every day, so Beth offered to take him in at her place. We figured the plan is to live together in about a year anyway, and I knew Tony would be okay if he returned to a normal schedule, so we decided to give this a sho
t. It was this or give him away, which I really, really didn't want to do.
I was a bit worried that he and Elijah might not get along, or that he would just start pooping here, but so far, so good! In fact, it's better than good - Tony has been walking around the house purring happily, and he and Elijah now sit by each other without hissing or growling (there was a lot of hissing and growling at first). I'm so thrilled! I hope this continues and he remains happy. It's crazy how much I love that little (big) guy!
Now let's see how Tony likes dogs - Matty is coming home late this month! Stay tuned!
I was a bit worried that he and Elijah might not get along, or that he would just start pooping here, but so far, so good! In fact, it's better than good - Tony has been walking around the house purring happily, and he and Elijah now sit by each other without hissing or growling (there was a lot of hissing and growling at first). I'm so thrilled! I hope this continues and he remains happy. It's crazy how much I love that little (big) guy!
Now let's see how Tony likes dogs - Matty is coming home late this month! Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Glad he's happy!!
You called tony a little (big) buy? That cracked me up! Maybe BUY = boy and guy...
glad you had a happy bday! I heart the melting pot!
High five!
Post a Comment