The weather forecast called for snow today, but I wasn't sure I believed it (come on, they are always wrong!). It's only October 26th after all. However, there was definitely sleet out there today - yikes! I don't know why these things still surprise me, as I remember vividly the Halloween blizzard of 1991, but for some reason I'm always a bit taken aback when it snows so early.
The upside of the early snow/cold? Death to all the boxelder bugs on the outside of my bedroom window. I hate those damn bugs. They are all over the inside of my window, on the blinds, and on my curtains. I know they are harmless, but they still creep me out. Not a fan of bugs in my house, period. I hope this blast of cold air kills the rest of them so no more can crawl in. I also wish Crosby Pointe would do something about them. They always say there's not much they can do...clearly they are not familiar with a little something called GOOGLE. Sigh. Again, not sure why I'm surprised, as our apartment manager doesn't even know how to keep track of who parks where in the garage...I guess google is just beyond her.
Anyway, we won't have any accumulation today, so the snow isn't really a big deal. However, I did hear that we are supposed to have more snow than usual this year overall, and also that it's supposed to be colder too. Not sure how B will handle that, as she barely made it through last winter! I'm also not sure how I will handle it, since I've been freezing lately, so much so that I have to use this microwavable heating pad that B has. Yikes! Stay tuned...
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment