Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chicago = no go

B and I were supposed to go to Chicago this weekend to visit her family and to see Wicked, as B bought me tickets for my birthday. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the trip because B's ex gf Mandi's mom passed away on Thursday and the funeral is today, Sunday. B and Mandi were together for four plus years and are still friends, so of course B had to go to the funeral. I completely understood, and I actually suggested we cancel the trip so we wouldn't be rushing around like crazy fools. I was bummed to not go because of the show and because we were supposed to ride with K and P, as they were also going to Chicago, but these things happen. Instead, I've had a very nice, relaxing weekend at home, and K and P got to use the Wicked tix, so they didn't go to waste.

B and I went out to dinner last night and we also saw "W." The movie is so-so - I think it could have done even more, but it wasn't bad either. Today, I'm watching football and doing laundry. Good stuff. I like chill weekends.

My condolences go out to Mandi and her family - I'm truly sorry for your loss.

No comments: