Sunday, October 19, 2008

PLOG update - mid October

Tony is still doing well at B's. He and Elijah now appear to be friends, or at least pals. They run around like crazy fools, and they both lie in bed with us at night, purring and content. All is good, and Tony's mental health seems improved.

His physical health is a different story however. In the span of 24 hours, he had diarrhea on the rug and vomited on B's bed. He also accidentally peed outside of the litter box (Elijah's box is way too small for him; sometimes he poops outside the box too - not on purpose at least!). To make things worse, this all happened the ONE night I stayed in Saint Paul. Poor B had to clean everything up on her own, which included washing all the bedding, the bath mat, and the kitty litter pad. Sigh. I guess I just need to learn that it will always be something with him. Not much I can do about that except accept him and move on. :)

In other Tony news, I stopped medicating him and that seems to be working. This is good news because getting the meds seems like a giant hassle, and he's not a big fan of the whole process either. We'll see how it goes; fingers crossed!

No comments: