Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy (belated) Halloween!

Happy Halloween! I hope everyone enjoyed the day of ghosts and goblins.

To celebrate, B and I went over to visit her family, and we got to tag along with Charlie as he went trick or treating. He dressed as a firefighter, and he was super cute. We pulled him along in a little wagon, and we stopped at each house with lights. He absolutely loved looking at the pumpkins and all the other decorations. He was really brave too, as he walked through displays that would have scared me at his age. Once we got up to the door, he would say "happy halloween" or "trick or treat." He also tried to walk into each house, which was pretty dang funny. I had to stop him a couple times, but no one seemed to mind. He started to get cold, so Amy, his mom and B's sister, told him it was time to head home. He then looked really sad and said, "I don't want to start heading home yet." It was so cute that we decided to let him go to a few more houses before calling it a night. So, so cute!

After trick or treating, B and I headed back to her place, where we hit the hot tub for a bit. It was a perfect night for that, as it wasn't too cold. After the hot tub, we decided to go to bed...at 10 pm! We are sort of old I guess, but it had been a long week and B had to work at 6:30 am today. We missed several Halloween parties, but what can you do? I was tired and needed the sleep.

Halloween wouldn't be complete without some spookiness, and we wound up having a bit ourselves. I was almost alseep when B shook me awake saying, "someone is ringing the door bell." Whoever it was just kept ringing it over and over...we weren't sure what to do. Matty and the dogs upstairs were barking like crazy. I told her not to turn on the lights, as that would let the people see us. B looked outside but didn't see anyone. We decided to go to the door with Matty, but the ringers had left already. Creepy. I figure it was just neighborhood kids being silly, but who knows. I worried that it might be someone who needed help, but I think someone in that situation would have been yelling and banging on the door too. Who knows. Really, I think it was more scary because I was groggy. I made sure all the doors were locked and went back to bed - super glad to have Matty with us.

I actually expected the Halloween spookiness to be worse, as B's neighborhood was absolutely insane on the 4th of July. In comparison, door bell ringing isn't so bad. :)

No comments: