I've now lost a total of 14 pounds on Weight Watchers! Wow! That seems like a lot, and I'm happy about my progress. However, when I think about how much I have to lose, 14 seems tiny in comparison. I try not to think about it like that, as it's overwhelming and scary. It's better to focus on the progress made and on the smaller goals I have, such as losing 10% of my overall body weight, etc.
Sticking to the plan has become a bit more difficult, especially lately, as I'm feeling hungry at times. Vegetables just don't always cut it when it comes to cravings! ;) Plus, sticking to the daily points each day takes a lot of work and planning, and sometimes I'm just tired and want to eat whatever I can find. I'm also worried I will become bored with my food options, but so far so good in that department. Lucky for me, I love soup and sandwiches, and both are super easy to make.
In really positive news, I made it through the first of the major holidays (see earlier Thanksgiving post) without gaining any weight. In fact, I still lost that week, and I ate freely that day (well, within reason). That was quite an accomplishment, and it gives me hope for getting through the next month and a half of holiday parties, cookies, meals, and events without having a total meltdown. I absolutely love holiday treats, especially all the cookies, and I'm not naive enough to think I won't sneak a few here and there, but I hope to minimize the damage. I do know that if I deprive myself completely, I will eventually break down and pig out. That's not a good option, so I'll have to allow myself some treats within reason. It's a fine line, and I hope to navigate it well. In reality, I wonder if I should accept weight maintenance during the holidays as a success...Time will tell, but for now, I feel good about my recent progress. Stay tuned for future updates.
A random PS: Happy birthday to my good friend Kami, who understands WW and all its accompanying struggles. I hope you had a fantastic day!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
1 comment:
WOW! Awesome job- I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment