Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bad dreams

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamed that my parents and Mary were dead, that my siblings still lived far away, and I was single. As a result, I had nowhere to go for Christmas. I was super, super sad in my dream, and I woke up feeling sad as well. While I'm guessing my sisters will always invite me, I can't help but feel a little worried about what the future will bring for family holidays. I'm not close to a lot of my extended family, so I probably won't be getting together with them in the future. I am close to the Halters, but I'm not sure they would want me invading on their family Christmases...so, though I know it was just a dream, I still feel slightly anxious about what the future holds for family holidays. I can't imagine I'll really be alone, but perhaps I should take the message to heart and attempt to reconnect with my family and some old friends. I love the holidays, and I love them because I get to see the people I love. I can't let that change as I get older, so I think I have some work to do!

2 comments:

Samantha Hensch said...

You're always invited, no matter where we live!

? said...

Schmid kids forever!