Thursday, August 28, 2008

The perfect date


Beth and I went to the state fair on Monday night, and it was probably the best date I've ever been on. This is true despite having a bad cold! I'm not exactly sure what made it so great, meaning I don't know if I can capture it in words, but it really was just about perfect.

We ate a TON of food (sharing almost all of it): corn dogs, cheese on a stick, fries (these were just me), cheese curds, apple cider, caramel apples, pineapple ice cream, and an Italian sausage. I think that was it, as if that's not enough! Everything was good, but someone needs to explain to Minnesotans that a proper Italian sausage requires the peppers and onions to be GRILLED. That was disappointing, but it didn't wreck it completely.

We hit up many of the buildings, including Education, Creative Activities, Food, and Merchandise. I always love seeing the goofy stuff at the fair - crop art, random crap that you see on TV, clothing, you name it and the fair probably has it! We also watched part of the Brandi Carlile concert, and that was excellent. I really, really love her music, and she puts on a nice show. We just watched from the street, and it was nice to not be in the big crowd. After that, we rode the Skyride Tram, and it was really neat to see the fair from above at night - great colors, and we could also see the Minneapolis skyline. Quite romantic, and just all around fun!

To end the evening, we went through more buildings and then the animal buildings. What doesn't say romance like the swine barn I tell you. We know how to rock it. In all seriousness though, the night was basically perfect. Perfect company, great food, picture perfect weather, romance, all around awesomeness! :)

4 comments:

Samantha Hensch said...

Oooooh...


By the way, did you change your blog format too?

Schmiddy said...

I don't think I changed my format. I don't really know how to do that!

BTAN said...

It was a great day, it was fabulous. You forgot we ate crepes too. Looking back I'm suprised we didn't get sick from all that food. All around perfectness capped off with the fireworks.

KM said...

OMG! I can't believe you both are still skinny!