The bar exam is July 29-30, super, super close now. I'm starting to really freak out...the worst part is that I try hard to study, but I wind up falling asleep or surfing the web a lot. WTF? It's like my mind doesn't understand the importance of this exam; I must pass or the last three years become a total waste of time. Also, I think I would feel humiliated if I failed. It just cannot happen, yet my brain doesn't get that yet. Yikes!
Before panic set in, I was still doing fun things, and one Saturday actually included 3 parties and a crazy tight schedule that required the use of a GPS system and synchronized watches! Because I need to get back to studying, I won't say much about that stuff now. Just know that if I fail the exam, I did manage to have some fun this summer. That must be worth something!
One last note - my sister Amanda is pretty much the best travel planner ever. She has our road trip/camping trip all charted out, and she has even narrowed down which campsites we should stay at. Additionally, she found and booked an awesome looking float/whitewater rafting trip for one of our days at Grand Teton. It's on the Snake River, and it sounds totally awesome. So excited for the trip, and to be done with the bar exam.
On that note, I must get back to work. Peace out, y'all!
PS: Happy belated bday to P-funk and the millions of others in July, and happy early bday to my sister Samantha, who is celebrating her golden birthday. Woot!
PPS: Happy early anniversary to K and D!
PPS: Here's a shout out to Kropp, one of my faithful readers. It was great to see you on Saturday! I miss you.
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
1 comment:
Hmmmmm, you sound like I did before I took the Praxis Test. That's the test I had to take in order to qualify to be a teacher. It was LOVELY. Four parts- culture, reading, speaking/listening, writing and the optional "stick a pencil in your eye" section. It was great knowing that my speaking section was recorded and sent to the state to be evaluated- hmmmm, does this lady sound "French-French, French-Canadian, or like a frightened American college kid trying not to screw up"?
I just kept trying to tell myself that it was only "insert number of hours" of my life. I had studied for four years to get there and I did pass that test. The geography part of the culture was joyously fun (hmmmm, which island/river/mountain chain is that again????) but I survived it.
You WILL survive the bar exam (just avoid the "stick a pencil in your eye" section). I'm sorry I can't be there to tell you that it will be OK, but at least I gave you a really long story about a shitty test to get your mind off of it for "insert number" minutes.
Take care of yourself and I will see you soon (in bear country!!!!).
Love you,
Manda
Post a Comment