Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kids really do say the funniest things

Last night, Beth was watching her nephew, Charlie. She brought him over so we could all go swimming in the pool, and then we ate dinner afterward. Everything went quite well, and he is a very well behaved little guy. However, as we were driving home, he said something that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

As we were driving, he was sort of struggling a bit in his carseat, and then he said it hurts. B said, what hurts? He then said in a totally calm way, "my penis hurts." Now, I think it's great that his parents have taught him about his body parts, etc. Really, that's great. But it still made me bust out laughing - he said it in such a matter of fact way and he was so sincere. Adults just don't say things like that, and that's one of the reasons I love kids so much. They are honest, sincere, and don't care what the world thinks. That's what makes them great! :)

No comments: