Monday, July 7, 2008

Life with Tony

I feel I must start this post by saying that I love my cat Tony. I really do. However, I might need to kill him in the near future. Why? Well, he's in the habit of pooping on my bed, and now my roommate's bed too. Awesome. I'm pretty sure I know why he does it (stress from missing me, and my stress affects him too - thus, law school was rough on both of us). Knowing why it happens doesn't make it any better or easier though. Really, it's just time consuming, frustrating, and gross.

An example: I dogsat for Matty this weekend while B was in Chicago, and to make my life easier, I chose to stay at her place. Sunday, I received a call from Carolyn, my roomie, saying that Tony had pooped on my bed, and that it was diarrhea. Excellent. Being the excellent roommate she is, she washed most of my bedding. I just had to wash the mattress pad and I can then put my bed back together. However, when I arrived home this afternoon, Tony had also pooped on C's bed. Sigh. Now I have to wash her duvet too, and the doors to both bedrooms need to remain closed until peace returns to the kingdom.

Really, I'm at my wit's end with this, as I don't know what to do to make him happier/calmer/more content. Any ideas?

No comments: