At least when you are on a date and you are seated next to someone who just might be the loudest woman alive. Period.
Poor Beth and I went to Vescio's last night to celebrate my last night of class. It was supposed to be a nice, somewhat romantic evening (it is sort of a senior citizen joint so there can only be so much romance I suppose). We were seated at what seemed like a nice table - in the corner by the window, but little did we know that we would soon be yelling back and forth at each other across the table.
Honestly, I heard every word uttered by the woman at the next table, and she made some interesting statements to say the least. Let's just say she was quite...opinionated. Also, somewhat vulgar and lacking good grammar skills. She also lacked math skills, as evidenced by her 10 minute speech on the bill. She totally killed the mood, and we just ate our food quickly. We even skipped dessert, which is tough to do when creme brulee is an option. At one point, the server actually asked us if we wanted to move, but I didn't think we could pull that off without being totally rude. Plus, I think we still would have heard from across the room! Other patrons also noticed her and made faces at her, and yet she blathered on and on and on...they were there when we arrived and still there when we left. Sad.
Anyway, Beth was going to take me to Zeno for dessert (which was very sweet of her), but I suddenly felt very sleepy and we just went back to her place for a nap. Such is life; I'm sure there will be time for romance (hopefully in a somewhat quiet location) another day! :)
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
2 comments:
1. You may have understated how loud she way. She was like a 12 on a scale of 1-10
2. Creme Brule is a fav of mine for sure
3. Zeno another time
4. Glad you went to sleep you were tired.
5.CONGRATULAITONS! Now the finals to take and then it will be break time for a bit!
You could've moved. SHE was the rude one, not you for reacting. I'm curious to know what she was saying. Email me and tell me. Better yet, call!
Post a Comment