Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rockin' road trip

The planning for my August road trip is well under way now. Amanda is coming with me, and we are both super pumped. Our friend Jessie might come for the first part of the trip as well; I hope she can make it work. So far, Manda is doing most of the researching and planning; all I've done is order some guide books and a TripTik from AAA. She and I both got some new clothing too, as we are going to be camping the entire time. Here's the plan so far:

Depart from the Twin Cities on August 2nd, with the first destination being Grand Teton National Park. We will drive as far as we can without falling asleep that first day, hopefully making it to a hotel near the park (I don't want to set up camp in the dark). After a few days in Grand Teton, we will move on to Yellowstone, which is only about 70 miles away. If everything is going well and we are feeling good after Yellowstone, we will head on to Glacier National Park in Montana, almost in Canada. After that, probably on August 12, it's homeward bound. Should be a fantastic trip! I can't wait to share the pics; I bet they will be amazing (not because of my skill, but because of the subject matter).

If anyone has been to those parks and has recommendations for can't miss things to do or places to see, please shout out. Thanks!

1 comment:

? said...

Our road trip is going to be awesome! Love you.