So I went out dancing on Saturday night, and I had a good time (contrary to popular belief, I was NOT hammered. I was simply buzzed. People, I'm ALWAYS hyper when I'm out. Get with it.). There was another G and Schmiddy dance off, and this time, people clapped at the end. How can you go wrong?
However, I think the funniest thing that happened on Saturday night involved a stranger and ABB. As we were walking out, the stranger says to ABB, can I ask you a question? E and I are thinking, oh she's going to get digits. Woot. Nope, the chick says, are you a Jew? Hysterical! They then proceeded to have a conversation about their synagogues, ABB met the woman's partner, etc. Now, I think it's cool that the woman asked, but holy random. I guess it was a Jewish themed weekend (I love your curly hair, do you use product? It's called Jew...). I really am a wannabe-I think I deserve to be chosen! Alas, I really am not all that religious period. I think I just want to be a cultural jew.
In other news, my summer of playing an attorney began on May 21! So far, so good. I actually like it, which is great because as you all know, I really don't care for law school. I've finished several projects, but I haven't had any reviews yet. I hope things go well so I can have a job upon graduation...It really is a good firm.Besides working, I've been out to eat and out for happy hours more than I ever have in my life! I've been to Mortons, BANK, Zelo, The Holy Land Deli, Kierans, Brits, Atlas, and Martini Blu (probably other places I'm forgetting too). It's truly wild and SO different from working for the government. Hopefully I'll have a few weeks off between working and school because I'm going to need to sign up for fat camp. Seriously. It's crazy. Fun, but crazy.
So, I'm sure you are all waiting for a funny story. I hate to disappoint, so here you go! I ride the train to work everyday...one morning, I was sitting down holding on to my bag, an umbrella, a soda, and possibly something else (I can't remember). Anyway, I'm kind of zoning out listening to the ipod when I look up and notice that a Maslon summer associate has sat down across from me. Right away, I realize I recognize her from somewhere and that she is a fellow rainbower. I don't think much about it the rest of the way, but as my stop approaches, I stand up (too soon, which adds to the humor of the upcoming situation), and proceed to drop my umbrella, which lands under her feet. I then have to bend down and pick it up, and it basically got stuck, so she had to lift her feet up. I finally pick that up and then drop my soda. At least that didn't go under her feet (and was in a bottle). So I got off the train and I'm chuckling to myself as I walk into work. On a whim, I decide to post a missed connection on Craigslist saying something like, Hey Maslon summer associate on the light rail, sorry about the umbrella situation, my morning was a comedy of errors. I post this and think, ah, she'll never see it. Well, I was WRONG. Not only did she see it, but it turns out she is friends with one of my friends, who saw the post, recognized it as me (I'm not sure how at all), and sent it to her (her name is Sarah, in case you want to know and she also interviewed at my firm, which is why she looked familiar to me). Also, OTHER people also recognized the post and knew it was me. WTF people! Does everyone read CL MC? I guess so.
Anyway, I actually ran into Sarah at Pi on Saturday, and the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, hey, it's the train woman! Ha, nice. Anyway, there you go. Amusing tidbits from my life.
Okay, I must go to the 8th grade graduation ceremony now. It's actually a mass, which means I'll be going to church for the first time in...ages. Gricus, I think you should pray for my soul.
I miss my peeps; shout out if you want to hang out. Adios!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment