So, I've somehow managed to convince myself that finals are really not a big deal...or I've just stopped caring. I guess we will find out soon enough, when they actually do arrive. I just cannot get motivated to do work. It's honestly nuts. Instead of homework, I go shopping, I talk on the phone, I IM, I take Beni to soccer (which was an amazing, amazing experience, I really can't say enough about it...I will explain more about this in person to anyone who wants to know), I play on Myspace, etc. However, I also find that all of these things bring me happiness, whereas law school seems to suck the joy right out of my life. Thus, those things win out, even though finals are coming! At least until finals actually get here, and then I imagine I will work pretty hard for at least those two weeks. Some things don't ever change completely.Ha.
I'm excited to start my summer position with Halleland (www.halleland.com for anyone who cares). It's really a great firm and I think it's a good fit for me. I hope I enjoy the work and do well, because if all goes well, they will make me an offer for employment after graduation. That would be fabulous, especially since the market for lawyers is brutal right now (stupid St. Thomas and their "we hate the sin, not the sinner" ways). Ironic that I went to law school and not grad school for teaching because I was worried about a lack of teaching jobs... Anyway, fingers crossed and I will be with Halleland in June of 2008 (or whenever they let new grads start).
Okay, I really, really must do some work. Adios mis amigos!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment