We woke up around 8:30 and decided to go get bagels somewhere in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the place we had seen the night before was closed…by the Health Department. Gross. Glad we didn’t eat there. As we looked for another place, we wandered back over to Rockefeller Center, as the Today show was being filmed. That was sort of neat to see, and we actually heard the B-52s concert that was featured on the show from our hotel room. B heard it and said I think that’s the B-52s. We turned on the tv, and voila, there they were! Cool.
than just Manhattan, and I’m really glad I took her advice.
her grandparents (as well as many other family vacations). It was a really cool neighborhood, right on the water, and the house her family owned was super cute. Unfortunately for me, NYC drivers are nuts, and our resulting defensive driving made me carsick. No vomiting, but I didn’t feel particularly great either.
the amusement park area, where we played carnival games and went on two rides: the Cyclone Rollercoaster and the Tilt a Whirl. The roller coaster was awe
some, even though I rode with my eyes closed for most of it, but the Tilt a Whirl was a bad idea. That was fun for about the first minute, and then after that I felt quite ill. Again, no vomiting, but that ride would have been much better if it had lasted only a minute. It was the longest Tilt a Whirl ride ever.
hat…just because it was super curvy, super fast, and perhaps a bit…idk, dangerous. I hadn’t ridden a roller coaster for well over ten years, but I am really glad we rode the Cyclone.
ut after a while we decided to move on to something a bit more chill. Beth suggested the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, so we went there. On the way, we had to stop at a Rite Aid for me to buy some motion sickness
products. I bought some pills and some wrist bands. I rocked the wrist bands the rest of the way, including right now, and they seem to work decently well. I also took a pill before take off, so I’m feeling quite sleepy as I write this. Oh well, at least I haven’t vomited yet!
flowers. The weather was fantastic again today, so spending time in the gardens was absolutely perfect. Sunny, warm, beautiful, and relaxing. Certainly can’t complain about that!
the plane, which is a bit of a challenge, as the dude in front of me can’t sit still and has his chair leaned way back. I’m going to blame any errors or lack of quality writing on him. That sounds good to me.
ts of the city (I set foot in every borough), and I got to see a new place. I’m not sure I could live there, as there are just so many people and drivin
g was insane (idk how B did it – I’m in awe). I think I would spend a lot of time carsick and wanting to kill other people so I could have some space. However, I’m sure there are places I could live and get plenty of space – Brooklyn seemed to have some of that. I would have to spend more time in the city to truly make a decision about its livability. Never say never, right? Regardless, the trip ruled. Thanks B for being a terrific guide – you rock!
1) Me and Beth at the ocean - Coney Island
2) Wonder Wheel at Coney Island
3) Me running out of the cold water
4) Wonder Wheel again
5) Me and the Cyclone - I rode it!
6) Coney Island
7) Boardwalk at Coney Island
8) Astroland at Coney Island
9) Fountain in Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
10) Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
11) Beth in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
12) Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
13) Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
14) Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
1 comment:
This trip sounds awesome!!!!
Post a Comment