In related news, my family went out to eat last night to celebrate Mom's day, and it was quite fun. Great to see everyone, including Amanda and Blair, who came down for the special day. The meal was excellent and the company was even better. Good times. Possibly stay tuned for some pictures - I'm hoping Samantha will shar
In other completely unrelated news, only 2 finals stand between me and graduation. I have until Wednesday to complete them. Unfortunately, I've sort of hit the wall. You see, I really hate finals. I imagine most law students do, but they do something special to me...sort of leave me in a state of semi-panic and exhaustion for two weeks. People often say, why don't you just go take the test and do your best - clearly you will pass. However,
for some reason, that's just not good enough for me. Despite my slacker ways, I still haven't been able to let go of my perfectionism. As a result, I spend most of finals period glued to my laptop, guzzling diet coke, eating bad food, and sleeping very little. Oh, and procrastinating, as evidenced by this blog. Blech - perhaps one day I will learn to ease up a bit. Probably not, but a girl can hope!The reality of graduation hasn't set in yet. Sarah mentioned that she will be here on Friday, and I thought to myself, holy crap! That's less than a week away. Less than a week from now, I will be done with law school forever (barring a disaster on 2 finals - I can fail one and still graduate). The last three years have both dragged on and flown by - how
I keep waiting to feel overwhelmed with joy...nothing yet, but maybe that won't happen until after finals. Or perhaps not. In actuality, I imagine I will experience an array of feelings - joy, sadness, pride, relief, etc. Law school always seemed like such a daunting task, something I didn't want but yet felt compelled to do, and now it's over. It's finally over. Really, I
Adios para ahora!
Pictures:
1) Mom and Dad
2) Manda and Blair
3) Me, duh. I'm smelling the gift bag - it smelled delicious! I look really tired.
4) Samantha
5) Mary (my second mom) opening one of her cards
6) Jessie and Brad - my siblings via Mary.
PS to K and P - thanks for the study care package; you guys rock!
PPS to BT - travel safely tomorrow!
PPPS to K and D - I'm thinking about you guys!
1 comment:
i told you that you would get the pictures up before me. i was busy being suzy homemaker and making a carrot cake and icing from SCRATCH.
mmmmm. delicious.
Post a Comment