I guess I haven't written for a while again (patience folks, patience). Life is seriously flying by these days. What with work and various Harry Potter activities, I barely have time for sleep! I can't believe school starts August 22nd (or something close to that). That gets a major thumbs down, as I'm LOVING having a life again. I love seeing people, meeting people, doing fun things, and not having to study. Alas, if I actually want to BE an attorney, I must complete my third and final year.
As I know you are all dying to know, here's a recap of what I've been up to as of late:
1. The Harry and the Potters concert. When Karen and Paige invited me to go, I honestly had no idea what to expect. I knew the concert was being sponsored by the Mpls Public Library and that it was at a park, but other than that, no clue. Well, let's just say H and the Ps is good stuff. Totally silly, totally dopey, but I also couldn't stop smiling the entire time. Indeed, I even found myself singing/dancing along. How can you not dig a band that promotes reading and shouts out references to various scientific terms, such as ATP (and a bunch of other things I cannot spell)? I also really enjoyed seeing all the different types in the crowd enjoy the show (kids, teens, young professionals, people like my parents, etc.). H and the Ps: a nerdy boy's dream band. I say this with much love. Good times all around.
2. The Aquatennial Torchlight Parade. Okay, this was quite honestly the worst parade I've ever seen. There was no music, and the few floats were totally lame. The parade mostly consisted of various emergency services vehicles. Did you know that the Saint Paul Fire Department has a fan boat (they might actually have a bunch, because the one I saw was numbered 21)? Are there a lot of river fires that need attention? Did we develop a bayou? I know my firefighting knowledge is limited, but I didn't follow. Anyway, this parade also had tons of different pageant winners, but they were from places like Robbinsdale and other suburbs. I don't follow; isn't the aquatennial a Mpls festival? Finally, there were also random high school bands, none from the city. All quite odd, and the whole thing lacked in entertainment value. Boo.
3. Sweeney's. I met up with some school friends and had a few drinks out on the patio. No complaining at all here. Good times.
4. Working like crazy (which involves lunches and more drinks, diet coke for me). I've been putting in quite a few hours at the office, but I'm still enjoying the job. In fabulous news, my bridesmaid's dress still fits, even after all the many crazy lunches. I just have to hold out until Friday now, but I'm not out of the woods yet, as I have a lunch EVERY day this week. Insanity. Fun, but insane too.
5. The Art Car Parade. I went to the art car parade on Saturday, which I think is also part of the Aquatennial festival. Who knew I was so dedicated to the Aquatennial? Not me, but I went with it anyway. Now this was a pretty interesting parade. Fortunately for Karen and Paige, I found us some lovely seats on someone's yard (which was quite uncomfortable actually. The grass was dead, and for a brief while, I missed the lush suburban lawns of my youth). The parade was neat, but because of traffic issues it went rather slowly. Obviously, we had no patience and took off for beverages, where we met the lovely ABB and Tobias. Food and drinks for all, and the memories of the scratchy yard were soon lost.
6. HP 7. I read the entire book on Saturday (well, into Sunday morning actually). I very much enjoyed it, and that is all I will say because I don't want to give anything away to my friends who haven't finished.
7. Twins game. I went to the Twins game with my dad, Sarah, and Carolyn on Sunday. Unfortunately my team did not get the job done. Clutch hitting is lacking, and it's painful to watch at times. Also, the two guys behind us clearly should have just stayed at the office, as they only spoke about business (quite loudly) for the entire game. I feel like I should have had paper and pen ready to go so I could record stock tips. They annoyed me to no end, and I think they even annoyed my dad. I bet they don't even know who won the game. Boo to that.
8. Drinks at Lake Valusek. I met up with two school friends tonight for dinner and drinks at Lake Valusek (aka Karla's backyard with a fountain). Karla made fabulous food and mojitos, and I got to spend time with two fabulous, smart, funny, attractive women. What more can you ask for?
9. Preparing for K and D's wedding. I haven't done tons, but I've been trying to help out. I'm very excited for the big day on Friday, and again, as I said above, I'm relieved my dress fits. I better go with salads all week.
10. Trying to spend time with Sarah (and talk to her) before she leaves. I'm very much in denial about the move...thank God for cell phones (with the same service plan), IM, email, and airplanes. It's gonna be rough.
Okay, so that was obviously more than a recap. I just feel like I've been doing tons of stuff...I wish I had blogged about H and the Ps much sooner, as that experience truly was unique. Alas, I delayed and now words just don't capture the magical evening in Pershing Park.
Well, enough for tonight. Love to all my peeps!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment