The middle two states of Kansas and Oklahoma? I honestly have no desire to visit either place. However, OK does host the women's college softball world series every year - that's at least something! I would love to go to Utah for the national parks (certainly not the politics though - do they even let gay people in?). The south would be interesting for the Civil War history, but the south actually scares me a bit - the bible belt doesn't seem to love the gays either. And of course I want to go to Hawaii...who doesn't?
Basically, this map has reminded me that I have tons more traveling to do! And that's just in the US! I've also included my global map below, and then the travel choices/dreams become simply endless. Return to France (anywhere, as I loved that country),visit Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece...you name it and I'm game. I would say Germany and Switzerland are my top two for now though.
And then there is the rest of the world - Brazil, Australia, South Africa, Canada...yep, that's right, I've never been to Canada! I definitely need to get up there, as Banff and the Canadian Rockies have been calling my name. Plus, I hear Montreal is like Europe without the jet lag. Can't beat that!
Obviously, I love to travel. Unfortunately, my time and resources are limited, just like everyone else. I do hope to make it to Europe with B relatively soon, as she's never been, and I think that would be awesome to do together. Hopefully some day soon. For now, at least a girl can look at her maps and remember the great trips already taken and also dream of the fabulous places she might go!
visited 28 states (56%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
4 comments:
You've NEVER been to Canada?! Holy wow- that really surprises me. Blair and I will have to take you to Winnipeg sometime. FYI- I like Winnipeg and Blair doesn't, so it should be an interesting trip. :)
am i violent?
OMG - you've never been to Utah or Idaho? You must go. I will go with and give you the official polygamist tour.
I would just like to state for the record that Idaho is beautiful-- and I highly recommend checking out Coeur d'alene or Sun Valley. Go in the summer (unless you are there for the skiing).
Post a Comment