Last Friday night, B and I went to what is probably my favorite restaurant in downtown Minneapolis - the M & S Grill. B had never been before, and as I had to work late, I figured we should stay downtown and enjoy a good meal. And honestly, it was an AWESOME meal and date.
To start the meal, I ordered an excellent chopped salad, and then I had a petite filet mignon, medium rare. Perfect - melt in your mouth perfect. B ordered the New York strip and a caprese salad - also fantastic. We shared parmesan crusted hash browns and green beans, and to complete the meal, we also shared creme brulee (quite possibly my favorite dessert) and a wonderful apple pie topped with cinnamon ice cream. It was like I had died and gone to food heaven. I completely blew off Weight Watchers and enjoyed every single bite. Fabulous! If you are ever looking for a place to eat in downtown Mpls, I really recommend the M & S Grill. I normally don't recommend chains, but I make an exception for this place (plus, it's not like an Applebees or TGI Fridays type of chain). Seriously. They also do a fabulous lunch - check them out some time!
In other good news, B and I saved money at the M & S Grill because I recently learned about a fantastic website: http://www.restaurant.com/. If you've never tried the website, definitely check it out. You can buy $25 gift cards to many restaurants for only $10 (I'm pretty sure you can buy gift cards for different amounts too). We saved $15 just by visiting the website. What a great deal! I believe they feature restaurants all over the country, but you'll have to verify if that's true for your area. A warning - avoid doing what I did, which was thinking I could buy and use 3 certificates at one time. It turns out you can only use one certificate per visit (I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought I could use more than one - I guess I was just really excited to save money!). In good news, after I bought three but could only use one, I called customer service to see if they could help me fix my mistake. Voila, just like that, I had two credits for future gift cards waiting for me in my inbox. Wow! Great deals AND customer service! I honestly forgot both things can still co-exist. :) Anyway, next time you are getting ready to go out for dinner, check out www.restaurant.com; perhaps you can save a little money and enjoy a good meal. I hope it works well for you too!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
1 comment:
The M&S Grill was fantastic. Good food, good service, and great company. They have a great selection on the menu and cooked the steaks just like we ordered them. Thanks again for a great date!
Post a Comment