I went to Neenah, Wisconsin with B (and Matty) this weekend to visit her family (she grew up in NY and in WI) for the holiday weekend, and I had a really good time! On Friday night, we went out to eat at a cute little Mexican restaurant in town and enjoyed a nice meal. Plus, I got to see a bit of the town, and it's really quite cute. Reminds me of the old Chaska - small town Americana at its best. Parts of it could be used to depict the American ideal in movies, and in fact, movies have been filmed there. Pretty cool.
On Saturday, B, her mom Marleen, and I went to the local grocery store to pick up some last minute Thanksgiving items, and then we chilled out at the house for a bit. Later in the afternoon, B, her dad Rich, and I went to a holiday music laser light show at the local planetarium. I really enjoyed the show, as they played holiday music (hello, what's not to love) and then provided visual entertainment as well. My favorite laser display was this virtual rollercoaster. As the lights moved, it actually felt like we were riding the coaster. Pretty neat!
After the show, we headed back to the house and started preparing the Thanksgiving meal (my third!). Eventually, everything was ready and we sat down with some family friends and enjoyed a great meal. B liked the stuffing, and she normally hates it. That says something! After we finished eating, we played Apples to Apples and Scrabble, and B and I managed to squeak out a narrow victory in Scrabble. This is not a small feat in the Tanzer household - I felt like a board game idiot most of the time. Regardless, I still enjoyed myself, and I think everyone else did too.
On Sunday, Rich made an excellent breakfast of crepes, and I enjoyed those with some nutella (see post about falling off the WW wagon for the weekend). I LOVE nutella on crepes!
After breakfast and after Marleen hemmed my work pants (thank you!), we hit the road because it was snowing a bit. The ride went very smoothly until we hit some bad traffic near the Twin Cities, but all in all, it was a successful trip home, and a great trip all around. I'm already looking forward to our next visit!
On Saturday, B, her mom Marleen, and I went to the local grocery store to pick up some last minute Thanksgiving items, and then we chilled out at the house for a bit. Later in the afternoon, B, her dad Rich, and I went to a holiday music laser light show at the local planetarium. I really enjoyed the show, as they played holiday music (hello, what's not to love) and then provided visual entertainment as well. My favorite laser display was this virtual rollercoaster. As the lights moved, it actually felt like we were riding the coaster. Pretty neat!
After the show, we headed back to the house and started preparing the Thanksgiving meal (my third!). Eventually, everything was ready and we sat down with some family friends and enjoyed a great meal. B liked the stuffing, and she normally hates it. That says something! After we finished eating, we played Apples to Apples and Scrabble, and B and I managed to squeak out a narrow victory in Scrabble. This is not a small feat in the Tanzer household - I felt like a board game idiot most of the time. Regardless, I still enjoyed myself, and I think everyone else did too.
On Sunday, Rich made an excellent breakfast of crepes, and I enjoyed those with some nutella (see post about falling off the WW wagon for the weekend). I LOVE nutella on crepes!
After breakfast and after Marleen hemmed my work pants (thank you!), we hit the road because it was snowing a bit. The ride went very smoothly until we hit some bad traffic near the Twin Cities, but all in all, it was a successful trip home, and a great trip all around. I'm already looking forward to our next visit!
1 comment:
I had a great time too, and over indulged myself. I can't wait for our next trip, I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself this weekend.
Post a Comment