Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When is the flood coming?

Is a flood coming? Have warnings been issued? I'm not really sure, but clearly, Twin Cities men must think a flood is coming, as I'm seeing many of them wearing super short pants lately. As in ankle showing short. And in all types of pants - suit pants, khakis, jeans, you name it. Yikes! Obviously, women do this too, but lately, the male offenses seem more egregious.

Because I'm fairly confident we aren't about to be flooded, I'm not sure why this is happening. Perhaps people have packed on some pounds, making their pants fit shorter. Perhaps they just bought the wrong size, or maybe their tailors screwed up. Regardless, short pants make people look ridicious and clown like! I know my libran soul causes me to care more about physical appearance than I should, but I'm willing to bet the non-libran folks out there would completely agree with me as well. Short pants = clown car with you spilling out of it! Or Revenge of the Nerds. Seriously.

A rule of thumb - your pants should at the very least touch your shoes (don't quote this as a fashion rule - it's a Lisa rule for what looks halfway decent). I should not see your ankles, period. This is especially true when you are dressing for work. I know the economy is bad right now, but that makes it even more important to look sharp for work. Heck, even Target sells some decent dress pants, and you can always tailor your old clothing too. No excuses - end the short pants now! Oh, and don't get me started on male capris - yuck! ;)

2 comments:

? said...

For future reference:

Male capris = Shpants

Samantha Hensch said...

I thought they were manpris.

Lots of hippie like guys here wear them - blech!

I have also noticed the high hem lately, but that might be due to the fact that it is actually likely to flood in Seattle.