Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Can you list every address at which you've lived for the last ten years?

As many of you know, I'm graduating from law school this May. However, to become a practicing attorney, a degree is not enough. In addition, I must pass the Minnesota Bar Exam to be admitted into the Minnesota Bar. The bar exam is a two day test in July, and basically it sounds awful. I think I can pass, but the preparation process just isn't pleasant.

Anyway, in order to sit for the exam, I have to turn in my application in mid-March. The application itself is approximately 20 pages long, and it asks questions about pretty much every facet of my life. For instance, one question requires me to list the address for every place I've lived for the last ten years. I also have to list the time periods. Who keeps perfect track of that stuff? Not me! If you know where I was in July of 2003, give me a call. Another question: list every job you had in the last ten years and explain every period of unemployment. I also have to list the name of every supervisor, provide addresses and phone numbers, etc. I wonder what the Bar Examiners do with this stuff...will they call the Housekeeping Supervisor at St. Ben's to ask if my dorm cleaning skills measured up in 1998? Will they verify that I was job hunting during the summer of 2000 after working as a page at the Senate? Who knows. All I know is that I want to get every single detail right, as they care a great deal about that sort of thing.

So, if you see me walking around with the White Pages, you now know I'm looking up my former supervisor from the now defunct company I worked at in 2000. Awesome!

Later peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I actually know exactly where you were in July, 2003. I had relapsed just before then, and had started a new medicine... remember my psycho evil phase when I showed up at your apartment with soaking wet laundry from Mom's house? *sorry to both you and Mom for that one* You were there in your apartment, in St. Paul. So, to recap, I have a strange memory... I remember random details, but some of the big ones are fuzzy.

I know, I know, you weren't asking for a serious answer, but I just had to respond to this one. Take care- I miss you!

I love you.

Amanda