American Idol fans, prepare to be offended. Continuing to read constitutes acceptance of my blog terms of service and releases me from all liability. Consider yourself warned.
So, after working out today, Sarah and I sat down to watch TV. We didn't know what was on on Wednesday nights, but suddenly, she remembered. American Idol. So, we turn it on, and I swear I have no idea why people like that show. I think American Idol is what is wrong with America. More people vote for contestants than they do for our national elections! My parents watch the show regularly, and I'm now worried that they are killing brain cells. Tonight, they showed a woman holding up a sign that said (insert contestant name here), your the best or something along those lines. Um, your? YOU'RE. Get it right if you are going to be on national TV. Seriously. Also, Alan Thicke's son performed some song, and it was absolutely horrible. I mean, terrible. Sarah and I couldn't wait for it to be over. He sounded like a sick bird or something. Ick. Then the show spent approximately 15 minutes recapping the shows from last week...is that all it really is? Total fluff, and BORING, pointless fluff at that.
Now, don't get me wrong. AI has produced some really talented people-Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood to name two. KC pretty much rocks. And some of the contestants seemed pretty good too (from what I could tell-it wasn't singing night). I just don't get the appeal of the show. Perhaps it's different if you watch the show on Tuesday night, when they actually sing?
So AI lovers...what is it about the show that you like? Can you enlighten me? Because I seriously thought it was horrible. I will not hold your love of the show against you, at least not permanently! Hopefully you won't hold my blog against me!
Minnesota Politics, Immigration, and Family History
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment